Saturday, January 23, 2010

Reflection #2

WHAT?
I have learned a lot about visual art and the complexity of it. Art is not just colors on a board or paper, although that has something to do with it. Art is defined by its elements and its principles. Art is the feeling a person receives as they focus on what makes this form of art so special.

SO WHAT?
As a teacher this means a lot to me. Knowing that visual art is so broad and so difficult will help me better teach my students that art is not merely perfection or standard. Having the knowledge of the elements and principles in visual art will help me better teach my students the different types they can use. It will give them guidelines so they won't feel discouraged or be afraid to be creative. I can better point out the feelings and moods of what the illustrator wants us to see by knowing the important ways in which they do that. In return, this will help my students understand and demonstrate what they want their viewers to recognize. Some students learn best visually so knowing this will help those students to succeed and do better in school.

As a person, this is important to me because I am able to look at life different. I am able to look at life as an art piece. I am able to recognize the important things in life and focus on my intrapersonal and interpersonal intelligences. Visual art is so meaningful in discovering meaning. It is an easier type of communication because you can visually see the picture.

NOW WHAT?
I will prepare to effectively teach my future students by discovering the different forms of visual art. I will prepare by learning and focusing more closely on what makes art so different and unique, as well as what makes art important and valuable? Learning the elements and principles of art and really seeing examples of this has changed my perspective for the good. I love art and always have, but I never knew why I liked it or what made it so special. I never recognized what the illustrator was trying to say or trying to show. This will change the way I teach by using more visual art in my classrooms. Visual art is descriptive and enjoyable. Visual art tells a lot to a person in a simple but creative way. Visual art makes a person have to think. All of these explanations of visual art are examples and reasons of why I will include it in my classroom as well as how I will include it in my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment