Thursday, March 11, 2010

Reflection #9

What did you learn from the process you engaged in to create this music lesson?

I have learned a lot during the music presentation. I learned that finding a tune of the song to match the lyrics was one of the most difficult tasks to do. I learned that this was probably one of the funnest lessons we have done because we really got to show our creativity by coming up with lyrics to match the books subject we were trying to teach.

What
did you learn from the actual presentation experience?

I learned that teaching music is a lot more difficult then it looks. I also learned that when writing your lyrics don't place so many syllables in a song. It makes it much more difficult to teach and say when presenting it. I also learned it is best if you know your lyrics word for word when you teach the lesson. That way you can focus on helping those you are trying to teach.

So What
is important for you to remember and learn?

I would say one of the most important things I should remember and learn are the seven habits of highly effective singing. This is a master key to being successful in teaching music. Another thing I find important to learn is the difference between beat and rhythm. I find that I often get those confused and if I want my students to follow along by doing one of those it is best if I know the difference.

Now What
are your next steps?

My next steps are to research more songs that go well and are catchy with writing lyrics to books. There are a lot of resources out there for me to use and I need to utilize them and make it easier for myself. I also want to become more familiar with music and the elements and keys so another step for me would be to learn them.

No comments:

Post a Comment