Friday, March 5, 2010

Reflection #8

What:

Music creates feelings and emotion. Music also kindles emotional responses and fires up cognition, often in the form of mental images. Music can make it seem like time goes faster. Music affects the development of children and the way their brain works. Music affects the entire brain, mechanisms for emotion, memory, and language. Music affects each person differently but we are all hardwired to it since the day we were born.

We should integrate music into elementary schools because it is natural and a big part of children's lives. It is also a way of communicating and helps the brain to be a powerful tool both physically and mentally. We should integrate music because it bonds people together which is important with the different ethnicity's and differences found in elementary schools.

So What:

My goals for using music with my future students is for them to develop a love for all types. I also want to teach them music in a way that will help their memory and will help them do better in school. Another goal is to make learning meaningful and fun and a great way to do that is to involve something the students enjoy and that is music. Last, a goal that I think is important is using music to teach other subjects. Music can be use anywhere and with pretty much anything and will still be affective.

There are many things that makes teaching music to children important and those include allowing the students to be creative, teaching them how to listen, finding the connection, learning how to perform, and being able to read and study.

Now What:

Yes, I plan to effectively organize and prepare lessons that involve music. Whether I integrate it by teaching it directly or by adding it into other lessons. I plan to research what music is beneficial for students and what helps and impacts them the most. I also plan to prepare by looking at the books that are made to help include music into classrooms and to use the activities they list. I also plan to look at my past experiences when I was in elementary and what my teachers did to integrate and use music ,and how I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment