Saturday, February 13, 2010

Reflection #5

What?

I thought developing a Process Drama from text was brilliant. I really enjoyed the connections I found as I prepared my section of the book. I liked how easy it was to think of ideas to use with any book. We looked at a few books and each book was pretty easy to come up with Process Drama to do. I learned that no matter who has what part, anybody can connect all their activities together because we are all using and following the same book. Each Process Drama my team members used tied everything together and helped our audience see the entire picture of what was happening in the book.

So What?


I really enjoyed all of the activities I saw during this week, but there are some that I can see myself using more often and those include, Pantomime/Movement, Decision Alley, Role Play, Machines, Mirrors, and the Interview process. Each of these allowed me to have fun and at the same time allowed me to connect to what was going on.
I think my students would also enjoy them and recognize what it was I wanted them to learn.

Now What
?

I plan to practice more of the Process Drama techniques and really narrow done which ideas work best with my teaching style. I have realized that I do not have to only use these techniques during art time but I can use them during pretty much any subject I teach. I plan to become more dramatic so my teaching will seem fun and entertaining. I think this will help me connect with my students as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment