Sunday, February 21, 2010

Reflection #6

What new insights do you have regarding what children's creative dance is and why it is important? What important philosophical and practical things became clearer as you worked in class?

Children's creative arts is more than just teaching them dance moves, it is the freedom and opportunity to let them show you what they think dance is. Creative dance is movements that allows children to be creative and thin. It helps them come up with a unique move that represents something found in a story, poem, song, or instruction. Creative dance also allows children to develop certain functions or movements. If children are struggling with a certain area, dance may be just the answer to help reduce or solve it.
I realized dance is a way of life. People use dance all the time and may not know it. Dance helps children develop skills and it also allows them to use their mind and be creative. I also recognize how easy it is to integrate dance into many classroom lessons, no matter the subject.

So What does that mean for your preparation for next week and for field?
This allowed me to have a wider prospective on what something is (in this instance dance). It helps me to see the way we as teachers integrate learning and being creative together. Children quickly notice there is no right or wrong answer. Knowing this will help me prepare for next week by having the ability to look at any book and use a creative dance tool with it. It helped me prepare by having a wider outlook and realizing art can be found anywhere and in any form. This will help me for my field by integrating and using creative dance into my lessons. This will help me prepare for field by using examples and knowing what keeps the childrens interest are and what really helps.

Now What
do you need to do to incorporate this knowledge and skills into your practice?
In order for me to incorporate this knowledge and skill into my practice, I need to research and find many ways and examples that will help both me and my students. Our creative arts book and the book Dr. Escalante showed to us in class has valuable information to incorporate this knowledge and skills into my practice. In order for me to be successful, I need to be willing to try. Even if that means failing! I need to place my mentality on my students level and think the way they do. I also need to look at what will help them develop quicker in other subjects and work with that. In order for me to incorporate this knowledge and skill into my practice I have to actually be willing to embarrass myself and have some fun. I need to just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment